About Living Well
Each Living Well workshop series covers:
- An overview of self-management
- Making an action plan
- Positive thinking
- Fitness and exercise
- Appropriate medications
- Communication skills
- Decision making and future planning
- Using your mind to manage symptoms
- Working through feedback and problem solving
- Dealing with difficult emotions and depression
- Weight management and nutrition
- Working with your healthcare professional and organization
Living Well is a series of Self-Management Programs developed by Stanford University to help you live and cope with a range of chronic conditions. With one of our Living Well workshops you’ll gain the skills needed to take control of your chronic condition and live life to the fullest. Care-givers and family members are welcome at all of our workshops too!
Workshops meet for 2 ½ hours per week for six weeks, and are led by trained facilitators. We currently offer three different Living Well workshops: Living Well with Chronic Conditions, Living Well with Diabetes, and Living Well with Chronic Pain.